Saturday, November 1, 2008

another first

As parents, we constantly look forward to our children's "firsts."  We wonder when they will roll over, sit up, crawl, walk, speak, read, etc.  I'm not sure it ever ends!

I have a confession - until last weekend, my children had never flown a kite.

It's funny to think about.  Sauce had bought a kite last spring at AWANAs and asked me all summer to fly it.  Then Aunt Louie came to visit for Rufus's birthday and brought all kinds of treats and presents - two of which were kites.

We have plenty of wind around here, for even on a seemingly non-windy day, the fields at the park are fueled by the winds that come down the mountain canyons.

We spent almost two hours at the park flying kites with Aunt Louie and I took some pretty sweet pictures of the boys and their "first" kite flying day.

1 comment:

  1. i love flying kites...don't think I have done that since I was in grade school. Also like the music choice...one of my favorite movies..Mary Poppins!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Messy and wonderful perfectly describes my life as a wife and mom of five. I'm passionate about advocating for orphans by telling their stories and encouraging adoption and orphan care. My schedule is messy and wonderful as I am charged with four sons and one daughter. We love living in our little mountain ski town. We do a little camping, a little skiing, a little hunting, and a lot of laughing and loving. Life is dirty and loud around here but we wouldn't want it any other way. Okay, maybe a little less dirty!

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Site

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved