Thursday, August 19, 2010

one week left - summer highlights

One week from today marks the first official day of classroom school for my little men.

Ever.

I really have no idea what to expect.  I think they are going to like it and that they will have a great experience.  But, I have no idea how much homework will be brought home each night, how busy I will be during the week with school involvements, or whether it will be a great choice or a royal failure.

One more week of summer vacation, but today is a cold, rainy day making me appreciate the fun we had in the last couple of months.

P1050732P1050746

P1050737 

Our stream was roaring this spring and the boys came up with the idea to float down it in an old inflatable baby bath tub.  Keep in mind that this water is snow melt, in other words, no matter how warm the summer gets, the stream is always ice cold!!!

The stream is behind our house, but off the front of our house across the cul-de-sac is a city golf course.  Our street borders one side of the fifth fairway and the other side is bordered by a historical and beautiful farm property with the ski resort right behind it.  We had some great sunsets this summer.

Red barn pics 8-10

3 comments:

  1. I love that video. Hilarious!! Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait to hear how school is going!

    and love the pictures...especially squirt outside in his underwear, playing with the big kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the rain boots w/underwear outfit. Beautiful picture, you live at a resort!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Messy and wonderful perfectly describes my life as a wife and mom of five. I'm passionate about advocating for orphans by telling their stories and encouraging adoption and orphan care. My schedule is messy and wonderful as I am charged with four sons and one daughter. We love living in our little mountain ski town. We do a little camping, a little skiing, a little hunting, and a lot of laughing and loving. Life is dirty and loud around here but we wouldn't want it any other way. Okay, maybe a little less dirty!

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Site

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved