Tuesday, June 1, 2010

smiles and tears

P1050566Kindergarten, here we come!  Here we come!
Kindergarten, here we come!  Here we come!
Good-bye preschool, it's been fun!
Kindergarten, here we come!  Here we come!

Despite having one day of preschool left for the year, Rufus has officially graduated and will be heading to Kindergarten this fall.  Friday morning I attended my very first preschool graduation, and my little blondie was the star of the show for me.

This boy has thrived in preschool (as you will see from his smiles and singing).  His teachers Ms. Pati and Ms. Linda have such big hearts and really do love all of their students.

Being a cooperative preschool, Kenyon and I served one co-op day per month, so we got to know the routine and the kids and really appreciate the program as a whole. 

Being the co-op kid is a special privilege that the kids always look forward to.  I mean, really, who wouldn't look forward to being the line leader, choosing the wiggle songs, and serving snack?

The graduation ceremony was a little sampling of some of the songs the class routinely sang, as well as a touching speech from Ms. Linda.  Each graduate had an opportunity to sing a solo, and selfish as I am, I didn't record the entire class - just my boy.

P1050568

After the ceremony, there was cake for all and after Rufus finished his cake and disposed of his trash, I overheard him say, "I need to go talk to Ms. Pati and Ms. Linda."  And he walked off in their direction.

He didn't realize that I was following him about five paces behind.  My curiosity was killing me.

He then proceeded to go up to each of his dear teachers individually and tell them his heartfelt sentiment of how much he was going to miss seeing them each week - followed by a big hug.

And, my heart melted into a puddle on the sidewalk.  I was sure to tell Pati and Linda that I didn't even tell him to suggest that he say that.

P1050575 P1050576

P1050574

The video is purely for Aunt Louie all the relatives who adore Rufus and wish they could share in special days like this one. 

Forgive the shaky amateur video.  I was supervising three other boys as well as trying to take still photos and video and wave at my boy all at once.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! 2 posts in 2 days. What is happening over there in 060?

    Congrats to big boy Rufus. So cute!

    ps I know his teachers. Patti is a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is off the charts beautiful. Seriously.

    Well done little man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO precious! Congratulations to sweet Andrew! Kindergarten here he comes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In a blink of an eye he'll be graduating from high school! He makes his grandpa very proud!!!
    Follow your dreams dear Andrew>

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Messy and wonderful perfectly describes my life as a wife and mom of five. I'm passionate about advocating for orphans by telling their stories and encouraging adoption and orphan care. My schedule is messy and wonderful as I am charged with four sons and one daughter. We love living in our little mountain ski town. We do a little camping, a little skiing, a little hunting, and a lot of laughing and loving. Life is dirty and loud around here but we wouldn't want it any other way. Okay, maybe a little less dirty!

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Site

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Flergs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved